Saturday, April 9, 2016

Saturday is Lazy Day

Today I left my room at 9:30 in the morning. My suite was quieter than a mouse. Then all got up between 11:30 (The Beast) and 1:00 (Double Shalom) (and probably later). I did not return to my room until 9:00 at night. I had things to do all day. I like to keep busy and expand my sphere (I'm not sure how else to describe it).
I live with some really lazy people. I used to say they were the laziest people ever, but then I realized they are just college students who would rather sleep late, watch Netflix, and not do homework or even go to class. Honestly though, there are a lot of other kids on this campus and on campuses world-wide I'm sure that have similar students.
I am not like the rest of my suite. I have a limited amount of time to do things and every second I have is precious. I make sure I use every moment I can to get a step closer to what I want in life. This is why people think I have my life together. I don't, but it looks like I do, especially compared to those I surround myself this.
It is interesting that I say that because at the theatre conference Day 2 that I was at today, one of the speakers harped on the idea that you should surround yourself with creative people and people with drive. Having those people around you push you further. While I'm sure that is true, I don't have the luxury of surrounding myself with these people as often as I would like. Whenever I go to the Fine Arts building I do surround myself with these people, but I don't get to when I head back to my suite for the day. However, surrounding myself with this type of people give me a different kind of motivation, creativity and drive, to keep doing what I'm doing as much as I possible can. This is because, as horrible as it sounds, I can be even better than them and even more put together than them. So, this is something I strive for. I do my homework, I go to events on campus, I work hard for everything and anything I want. And I will continue to do this until I have achieved what I want. Then, I will find more things to strive for. I will never be content. I will always be hungry for more.
That being said, breaks are nice too. The theatre conference had me in the Fine Arts building from 9:45 in the morning until 8:30 at night. So, when I got back to my suite, it was nice to relax. I was welcomed by the common room full of the girls on their phones, not even with the tv on. When Helios came by, the two of us went to NOWL before the movie started. Eventually, we got around to the movie. Shakira, Helios, and Princess joined us. The Farmer stopped by temporarily, but did not stay for the movie. Then again, neither did Loudmouth, The Jet, or the Beast.
Right after the movie, Helios and Princess left and I wrote this before crashing. I have another early morning tomorrow. On top of all of the theatre workshops and lectures and the like, i still have to do all of my homework and sort out my schedule. I need to find time to write EVERY SINGLE DAY. Preferably, I would like to write a free-write, a piece of a screenplay/play/novel I'm working one, and then this. We'll see how that goes. My busy schedule is going to be interesting to work around. But I need to get serious. If I don't exercise these muscles every day, then I will lose them. And I would be nothing without my abilities to write. Even though I also want to work in the theatre, writing is the one thing I have always had and always want to have. So, I need to get serious. I also need to start looking into more writing and theatre opportunities for me for the future. I learned about some great stuff today and I will definitely find more soon. Until then, I will be in a constant state of searching. I also will be in a constant state of research. There were far too many names dropped that I didn't know. So, I'm going to start my work now. Tomorrow (well, technically today) is the beginning of the next new me. I am on my way and I can't wait to see what happens.

~ Future Stage Manager/Author, Current Survivor of a Freezing College Town

"Somebody say something funny." Me
"Buttface." Loudmouth
"Facebutt." Double Shalom
(It is hard to pull comedy out of them when they are too tired.) (I also want to point out this started a conversation about poop that went way too in-depth than it really needed to. I went to sleep though, so I didn't care much.)

UPDATE:
Because Loudmouth at this point didn't hear about the Brussels attack:
"We have the news on 24/7." Me
"I'm not awake by then." Loudmouth

No comments:

Post a Comment